Monday, July 27, 2009

reality check

i think that my dose of reality and brevity comes when i get to put the kids to sleep. though we have pretty set routines and times:
- Logan: time for bed, we laugh and chat for a bit, say good night to the mountains-the water - the sky - to God - to our ancestors - to all our family and friends that love us
- sydney; geneva reads a book, i'll sleep with sydney and count her stickers, count all the people that love her... she will negotiate me telling her the story of the four bears and I'll tell her that if she sleeps well i'll tell her the story first thing in the morning... which she generally remembers).

... it's amazing how precious and love warming little surprising gestures can be. tonight, sydney was falling asleep after our plane ride home from LA. she was exhausted. as we were getting ready to sleep, she kept poking me in the face and asking "daddy, what are you doing?" :)

as she fell asleep. she grabbed my hand, and with an open palm, she put my hand against the side of her face and wouldn't let go. she is such a sweetheart, and so affectionate (like her pops). it was a little perfect moment, one of the ones when i quickly draw into crystal focus that regardless of what i accomplish in life/ work/ community/ etc./ that the greatest single thing i will ever do is be a parent with geneva and a dad to my "ninny-bear" and my "logi-bear" everyday for the rest of my life i more.

i truly love the three of them more than anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home