Saturday, November 25, 2006

November 25: Visitor recap

This will be mommy's first entry into the blog. Dad's been going to work, and dad has to admit that his new friends at work have been very empathetic and understanding. I've been very fortunate that his boss has been very understanding about my new schedule, that Bridget has been able to pick up some of the slack, and that my Ontario Plan teammates have been running with the project (which is and astounding +65% vyago and filled 88% of the target of the fiscal year incremental target indexing at 185 to date... woo-hoo!).

Daddy is totally amazed at how much Sydney changes everyday. As I don't get to spend every day with her (my primarily weekday role is diaper duty -and she saves the big messy dumps for me - reading and music time person, and soothing nightguard - I get the 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. shift).

Before I pass it off, Ian and Katherine are in this weekend. The reality of everything hit me on a different level hit me when I saw Ian holding Sydney. Ian, my younger brother - my peer - my best friend, holding my little girl. It was so crazy. I've seen Ian hold a lot of babies before, but to see him holding my kid was amazing. So frigtheningly real (that's a reference more to his carrying technique and over-stimulation one-sided discussions with Sydney ...jk). Many thanks to our Popo for visiting us for three weeks. We wouldn't have survived without you, you are an amazing person and Sydney is very fortunate to have you as a grandmother. We'll always remind her that you were here for the first three weeks of her life, which was truly a uniquely magical time to be here. Thank-you for sharing that time with us.

Speaking of thanks, thanks again to Ba Ngoai and Christina for visiting as well. A couple of pictures from the past few weeks including the bun bo hue & pho ga spread that Ba Ngoai cooked up (PLEASE COME AGAIN!) and Christina's designer Vans shoes. Over to mom.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger suntom said...

killah shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home