Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Trip to the Mall....

was literally a trip to the mall!

I had big plans for Sydney and myself. My goal was to go to a shopping mall and do a bit of Christmas shopping.

It started off well. We did a quick feed right before we left and she didn't even fuss in her car seat. Sydney slept on the way there....what an angel :)

As we arrived in the parking lot she started to wake....that's a good thing because that meant I didn't have to wake a sleeping baby. If you ever think of doing that.....don't, it's not worth it. Just ask Daddy Dave. Thanks to Daddy Dave, Mommy had to stay up an extra hour soothing a fussy child.

Anyhow, I parked the car and proceeded to put her in her Bjorn carrier. All went well.
As I stepped into the mall.....uh oh....... WA WA WA WA!
I thought to myself, "Okay....this is normal. She usually fusses and then falls asleep"...... WRONG!

I walked around Sears for about 10 minutes hoping the crying would stop. Nope, it didn't.
I then took her outside to calm down. That lasted about 10 minutes. She started falling asleep so I walked back into the mall entrance hoping to acclimatize her to the noise and temperature.
So far so good. I then walked into the mall.......big mistake! WA WA WA WA!

The minute I did that Sydney decided to exercise her lungs! Shopping for Mommy lasted about 3 minutes!

We went back to the car, back into the car seat, and back home.

That was a trip to the mall. Maybe next time it'll be a bit more productive.
I think next time when I get to the mall, I'll feed her, change her, and then see how things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home