Tuesday, December 19, 2006

December 19: How could we both forget our anniversary?







Something funny happened on Saturday. Mom called when Geneva and I were hanging out watching football (Sydney, your mom is a huge Colts fan... i have no idea why). Anyways, mom says to us "happy anniversary!" We both look at each other with these blank looks on our faces... and we realize that the date is December 17. Good grief, our three-year anniversary.

In truth, the magic of our wedding wasn't really the that we got married (for goodness sake, we dated forever and lived together before hand as well). What was incredible was that it was us and 30 of the closest people to us from all the important parts of our lives. So many great stories: Ong Ngoai overcoming his fear of heights to come to our wedding; Ben taking his and kim's tequilla shots the first night and paying dearly for it (mmm... the toilet is my friend)/ flaming tequilla shots at the Spanish restaurant/ moms toasting with tequilla/ Augie and Kirby the night before the wedding (hahaha that still makes me laugh... "this tastes so good you should try one", the European male tourist that tried to pick up Co Hanh and THEN my dad at the bachelor night, Kelly and Carrie coming from Toronto, the pink outfit that my two best-men picked out for me (though I'm sure it was more Ian), Geve and her family getting up to try to see turtles every morning, wind-surfing and parasailing, fake tattoos with Jade and Vince, Chris and Jade talking about how they could get alcoholic drinks whenever they could (what a preview of years to come), everyday buffets (yummy), water basketball in freezing pools, beach soccer and football, and of course Uncle Lam scouting topless women.

Ah Sydney, if some of the greatest moments of my life were the Eggos provincial championship, the Green Eggs & Ham football championship, the performances in front of sold out high school theatres; and the happiest that I've ever been has been the last seven weeks with you and your mom; I have to say that our wedding week in Mexico was the happiest week of my life. Truly heaven on earth if there is a such a thing. Having our family there, our best friends, I can honestly say that it's a week that I will never forget.


Enjoy the pictures little one. I'd imagine that when you flip through our photo album in 10 years, you'll actually know every single person in that book. And that's something really special.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home